Wednesday, November 3, 2010

HALLOWEEKEND

As a college Junior I have learned over the past three years that Hallloween, which was just one night a year as a child trick or treating up and down the neighborhood, has turned into a weekend full of costumes, parties, and alcohol. Forgo the candy and one night a year outlook, in college Halloween is Halloweekend.

For a smaller school like mine Halloween seems to be a "big deal." Without date dashes or other Greek Life events weekends like Halloween or St. Patrick's Day are highlights of a semester.

Three or four weeks before Halloween peers of mine started to ask me what I was going to be for Halloween, I responded puzzled thinking that hey its only October 1st.... I have a lot of time. Some girlfriends and I decided on "The Seven Deadly Sins" for one night of the weekend. Greed, Sloth, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Pride, and Wrath were our costumes for Saturday night. I was assigned "Greed," which would not have been my first choice but I am easy going and did not put up a fight. I decided to take the costume into my own hands and make it my own. With a trip to Claire's to find cheap, sparkly, diamond like jewelry and a faux fur vest I was starting to feel and look more like a Real Housewife of Spokane than my assigned "Greed" character. With a few more touches including some Monopoly money as well as my Junior Year Prom Shoes my outfit was complete and I was ready to go on the town, or in my case... The Logan Neighborhood.





Halloween is one night, or in college a weekend where you can dress up like something out of the norm. Now some kids I know chose to wear little or nothing and may I add froze to death in what was a 30 degree night, but I was one that dressed up, had fun and laughed with friends... and hope I don't have to dress up like a Real Housewife ever again... or until next HALLOWEEKEND.

No comments:

Post a Comment