Thursday, November 18, 2010

Keenan Cahill

Lip synching is something that many pop stars do on and off stage, but now for a 15 year old from Chicago lip synching to top 40 songs has become a hobby as well as made him famous.

Keenan Cahill has become a youtube phenomenon overnight. I saw him after my friend posted his "Teenage Dream" lip synch on her Facebook page... now he does a great job... but part of me can't listen to the Katy Perry song anymore because I just see Keenan.

Celebrities alike have become great fans of Keenan's work and through Twitter Keenan was able to land guest appearance on the comedian Chelsea Handler's late night talk show, Chelsea Lately.

As Keenan becomes more than an internet sensation I have to wonder does it just take lip synching to popular songs to get one famous? What is the definition of famous in this world of hyper reality where everyone broadcasts their every move on the internet? Just because I have 125 followers on Twitter... does that make me famous?

Here is one of my favorite videos of Keenan.... one celebrity even stops by.

1 comment:

  1. I love Keenan! I have been following him for a while now hahah!

    ReplyDelete