Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bravo Brava!

DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA

What show(s) must I be talking about... Bravo's franchise of Real Houswives. Real Housewives of Orange County premiered on the up and coming network in 2006 Bravo, owned by NBC Universal, and has taken off ever since.

Director of Programming Andy Cohen has made Bravo and the Real Housewives a hit across the world. Women and Men alike turn to Bravo on a nightly basis for new and old episodes as well as check Bravo's website for blogs, photos, and video bonus clips of the various casts. (guilty as charged)
From Top Chef to Millionaire Matchmaker to the Housewives Bravo is TV as people of the 21st century want.

Since 2006 with the original OC Houswives, Bravo has ventured to Atlanta, New York, New Jersey, Washington DC, and the newest and my favorite, Beverly Hills. Each and every franchise is different and has its own set of characters that arises such drama that you may remember from your High School lunch table. Every franchise provides more style over substance. Every Monday, Thursday, or during reruns Bravo provides you with an inside look at some of the more wealthier lives of people across the country. We see what they are buying, where they are traveling, and who they are talking about. Sometimes when I watch I feel like I am watching a conversation between my friends and I chatting about boys, clothes, drama, and the weekends events,but at a much grander and more fabulous scale.

For some reason with every franchise I get connected with one or two characters in particular. I feel like i "know" them and that I connect with their ethos and pathos. Orange County- Tamra, New York- Bethany, New Jersey- Teresa and Caroline, Atlanta- Sheree, and Beverly Hills- Lisa and Kyle.
Do I connect with these ladies or emulate them and wish I had their fabulous lives or could just hop on my personal Gulfstream 5 and go to a Jay Z concert in Las Vegas at a hotel that I conveniently own. As I think about this more I think it is interesting that the Housewives franchise has survived as well as grown as the American and World economy has been in a recession. We view the lavish lifestyles of many of the women but at the same time Cohen and his team are smart and add bits and pieces of some of the ladies struggling making mortgage payments or paying for their newest Gucci Spring Bag.




Whether you love them or hate them, Bravo and The Real Housewives of various cities and the Bravo Network are defining pop culture of the 21st century. We gab, read, blog, text, tweet, and watch their every move.

Follow Andy Cohen on twitter for fab ideas, tweets, and insiders
http://twitter.com/#!/bravoandy

No comments:

Post a Comment