Friday, October 8, 2010

xoxo gossip girl

Spotted: Chuck and an unknown leggy blond canoodling in Central Park? Could this be a summer romance gone to long, or a stab in the heart to his lost love Blair? 

When I was a middle school student in the early 2000's I spent every night reading and pouring my life whole heartily into the series of Young Adults books, Gossip Girl. I believed I was Serena, Blair, dating Nate and going to upper crust, elite society events.

Prior to my Senior year of High School I heard rumors of a series to be produced of my favorite (and still is) series of books. I couldn't believe it. How would they create the characters I envied into characters on T.V. With the success of the teen drama The O.C. the CW pegged Josh Schwartz as the perfect person to produce Gossip Girl.

Gossip Girl
premiered September 2007 and American viewers were awed and surprised at how these teens were living such scandalous lives. Viewers wondered if this is what actually went on in everyday life in such elite private high school on the Upper East Side of New York. Did girls really dress like Serena or have a "man whore" persona such as Chuck Bass?



As the first season evolved I kept thinking back to my days as a young teen laying on my couch on a lazy day reading and involving myself personally into the books. I was upset that the storyline did not follow exactly with the books, but was intrigued where Schwartz was taking each and every of my favorite characters.

Every Monday I found myself along with my Mother, who I still laugh at receiving a text my Freshmen year of college "Sarah do you think Chucks eyebrows are a little different this season" watching, oowing and awwing and the marvelous fashion choices, and wondering if that could be me? The thing that stuck with me was that Gossip Girl, the person man or woman we still do not know, who is behind the website and deception has still remained anonymous.

The characters on Gossip Girl, Blair, Chuck, Serena, Dan, Nate, Vanessa, and many more characters whose stories have intertwined through the series, which fourth season premiere was last Monday,  are people we may be jealous of, see characteristics of ourselves, and jump into their storyline. I mean wouldn't anyone kill for an expense account like Chuck or a closet like Blair?
Until next time ..... You know you love me
Gossip Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment