Monday, April 4, 2011

My main girl Oprah

Love her or hate her but Oprah Winfrey has changed lives across the world. I have been an avid viewer for year and years, I grew up with the big O and wouldn't have it any other way.


With her daytime talk show, in its 25th season, own production company, magazine, school, charity, and now her own network this lady can do it all. As a young woman I respect what Oprah has been able to accomplished and where she has come from. Oprah grew up with a mother who neglected her and did not want to have Oprah as a child from the start. This makes me heart broken thinking that ones own mother would not want their child.

Last night I had the opportunity to watch Oprah's Master Class as well as Oprah 25th Season Behind the Scenes. Both of these classes had inspiration to me in two different ways.
The Master Class showed Oprah on a deeper level as well as telling her inspiration and her mantra of creating a better self and reaching farther and farther for your goals. Oprah with all of her money and fame was sitting there so raw and organic back to her roots.




Oprah Behind the Scenes provides inspiration but in a very different way. This path of inspiration is very personal to myself as the viewer dives into production of a day time talk show. To see the different ranks of producers, production assistants, supervising producer, and the woman behind the Oprah Show, the executive producer, is a dream. Getting nearer and nearer to graduation and making a career decision or path it makes women and men in these jobs seem more real and gives me hope that I could and may do their jobs. Producing a show like Oprah is like nothing else... hopefully I can land a job at the Oprah Winfrey Network sometime in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment