Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March Sweeps according to a programming nerd

After a long hiatus (again) I have decided to return to my blog as well I need someone or somewhere to divulge my thoughts.

My last and final Spring Break of my academic career was a few weeks back, and now some of my friends were on beaches or sipping Coronas I spent the break as my mom's assistant as well as catching up on my favorite and new favorite shows. March is a slow after sweeps the beginning of March on the networks but provides an open void for cable networks. The entertainment focused networks BRAVO, E!, MTV, and VH1 all premiered shows in the beginning of March. Some like Shah's of Sunset disappoints and makes me want to vomit while others like Million Dollar Listing: NY had my mouth watering. The second thing I love in life after popculture is real estate. I am a real estate junky and had my jaw to the floor during the 44 minute premiere. The three main characters not only provide whit, drama, and good looks (well two out of three) but the apartments and duplex's show cased in the show provide the extra pizzaz.  Million Dollar Listing: NY is one of the best spring premieres for the cable network that continues to bust out entertainment, home, and style focused "docu-series".

Oxygen, a network that has failed in the past few years hopes to see big numbers from their new "docu-series" Brooklyn 11223. The show is focused around two girls who used to be best friends since kindergarten but after a crazy shore night one the other of sleeping with her boyfriend. While watching five minutes of the show I thought I was just watching another dramaticThursday night at Star Bar. The show not only lacks a solid plot line but the fan base will fizzle after episode 3 when we are tired of hearing the argument if Joanie slept with the boyfriend. I turned it off after 10 minutes and don't plan on watching one more second of Brooklyn 11223.

The entertainment focused networks are pumping out shows left and right hoping for a big break with one of their 10 premieres in March and April. With Real Housewives of New Jersey premiering April 22nd on BRAVO the competitive networks have a few more weeks to get some ad sales and big ratings before the Jersey girls win the ratings raise for the long haul.  (This season looks extra juicy)

Call me Albie Manzo -

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/real-housewives-of-new-jersey-season-4-teresa-giudice-explodes-2012223

No comments:

Post a Comment